August 22, 2020
Elephant Bar San Diego
- Host/Hostess:A host/hostess is the representation of the service of the establishment that s/he works for. S/he greet guests, escort them to their tables, provide menus and take orders.
- Server:Servers work in the front of the business taking orders, serving food and drinks, and removing dinnerware from the table in a timely manner. They greet customers as they arrive at their table, take orders, and provide excellent customer service.
- Bartender:A bartender’s job consists of preparing and serving alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages to customers in the restaurant. Bartenders are responsible for collecting payment, ordering inventory and keeping their bar area clean for customers who want to drink and dine.
- Cook:Cooks are employed to prepare the food that comes out of the kitchen. Cooks typically have several duties that revolve around helping the kitchen stay clean and operational after and between meals.
- Kitchen Prep:A prep cook is an entry level kitchen position. Their role is to assist in the preparation of meals by chopping vegetables, making salads, and putting together entrees.
- Dishwasher:The dish and general utility position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility.
- Busser:Bussers clean tables, taking plates, utensils and drinkware to the kitchen to be washed, make sure diners’ water glasses are full, and reset tables for the next service. Bussers might help waiters and waitresses bring food out to a table, restock utensils, napkins and other dining room needs.
Share this article
February 26, 2017
February 5, 2016
July 10, 2016