San Diego Cougar bars
San Diego has different types of bars where Cougars hang out, so here are the 5 best Cougar bars in San Diego, California. Some of the bars feature a casual atmosphere, eclectic clientele, cheap drinks, and karaoke; others are located on the beach and feature fabulous cuisine and beautiful sunsets to gaze at. It depends on your taste where you would feel most comfortable, but you can be sure both types of bars feature a never-ending flow of cougars.
- Pal Joey’s Cocktail Lounge. Pal Joey’s is overrun with Cougars at night. It features live bands on the weekends and a juke box during the week. The lounge was recently remodeled and hosts an eclectic crowd, including older patrons. It has an outdoor patio for smoking. Mondays feature Happy Hour from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Pal Joey’s is located at 5147 Waring Road.
- Star Bar. This bar is a favocite in the Gas Lamp District of San Diego. It features cheap, strong drinks, but note that only cash is accepted. It is a great place to start off the night. There is no dress code and seldom a cover charge. The drinks are prepared by Filipina “Aunties, ” (middle-aged Filipino women) who are great to chat with, and are served by some big-busted waitresses. Men who come without a girlfriend are sure to get “hit on” by the Cougars that roam around the club. The eclectic group of people that patronize this bar add to its charm. The bottles of booze are marked to tell the price of a drink. The Star is located at 423 E Street.
- The Lamplighter. This bar is well known as the best karaoke bar in San Diego. The atmosphere is casual and unpretentious. It features an eclectic mix of locals and Cougars. There is a small cover charge but the drink prices are cheap. There is no booing allowed of the participants in the karaoke contests. The Lamplighter is just a great fun place located at 817 Washington in the Mission Hills District.
- Poseidon. This seafood restaurant and bar features not only good food but breathtaking beautiful sunsets. It is located at Del Mar Beach. Valet parking is offered and Cougars are often seen on the prowl looking for prey! They feature a full bar and great seafood menu. The Poseidon is located at 1670 Coast Boulevard at Del Mar Beach.
- En Fuego Cantina and Grill. This historic restaurant featuring Mexican food has been around since 1930 and was known as La Tienda. Back then it catered to the Del Mar Racetrack patrons and Hollywood movie stars. Today it still exhibits a lot of the historical memorabilia. On Sundays you can listen to live music. With an overabundance of Cougars, it is known as the “breeding ground for Cubs.” It is located at 1342 Camino del Mar at Del Mar Beach.